Menu
Oliviabarber
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Set up

BBF487AF-61E3-4921-B6F6-DF0826CD3D6E.jpeg

I don’t get how to plug the white cable into the wall socket ? I’ve just moved and we only have this and I can’t see any place where I can plug the wire ?!? Help 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Set up

The white box in your hand is for old style landline phone connection. The white coax cable into the silver box looks to be the place to connect your Hub? What is coming out of the other side of that?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Oliviabarber
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

3BF6FD47-096D-4DCD-8E81-5C9EB1B83854.jpeg

 I’ve tried that and it doesn’t fit 😞

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Looks like there’s a termination cap that you will need to remove before the co-ax cable will fit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oliviabarber
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Do I just pull it out ? 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

The cap will likely need to be screwed off but the cable will likely just be push fit.

This is what the cap will look like:

2E220512-1CDC-4491-B9D9-6497AD3EE1B5.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Oliviabarber, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues getting your equipment installed. 

As mentioned by Ernie_C above, the terminator cap should just screw off. Once that's done, you can push your cable on the connector and screw this in to create a tight connection. 

If you do have any further issues or want to arrange an engineer to come out to complete the installation, just let us know. 

Take care, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos