cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up

Natalieh24
Joining in

Hi all, how long does it roughly take to get set up? I called customer services yesterday, they sent an activation signals to the hub but 24 hours on, it still isn't working.

4 REPLIES 4

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
It should have happened by now. Is the base light still flashing green.

Call the activation line (not CS) again to check - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number. If they are closed now try the CS number - or call at 09.00 tomorrow - that will be the best time to get through quickly

its possible that the activation signal failed or - if it succeeded - there may be an unexpected fault in your cabling - VM do not check this before sending out quick start packs as they know there was a working connection recently at that address - but perhaps a fault has developed

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

not working in what way - i assume this was a self install - that can work or not - if all the cables are fine from your property to the cabinet it should work after activation - on the other hand if a cable is broken/damaged/disconnected it will not work

all VM know when they offer quick connection is that there has been an install there in the past - NOT that the cables are good

do as John says and ring the activation line again - if that does not get you up and running and the base light is green or flashing green then you need a tech

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey @Natalieh24,

Many thanks for your recent post and welcome to the forums! I'm so sorry that you were having issues with your Quickstart order.

I've been able to locate the account using the details you've registered to the forums with and can see that we have had to convert this to a manned installation. I'm glad this has already been arranged for you but apologies again that this wasn't a swift set up.

If you do have any further issues once you're up and running, please don't hesitate to drop back to the forums and we'd be very happy to assist.

Kind regards,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thank you John. I managed to get in touch with VM on Sunday and they have booked an engineer visit for me.