cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up costs

Sylar1092
Tuning in

Hi so I went on moneysupermarket and saw a deal for Virgin media WiFi, 24 pounds and NO SET UP COSTS for first time customers (like me) as you can see. 

But then I went to the website to sign up using that link but then I saw that you have to pay for set up, so I'm really confused on what's going on right now. Is the set up cost because of the phone option which is included (and I don't want so please tell me how to get rid of it). 

Screenshot_2022-07-05-23-10-25.png

Screenshot_2022-07-05-22-26-01.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The moneysupermarket offer is still there.

VM offer.jpg

When you click through to the VM site you get just the broadband deal without set up cost.

VM offer 2.jpg

VM offer 3.jpg

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Sylar1092
Tuning in

Screenshot_2022-07-05-22-26-01.png

Screenshot_2022-07-05-23-10-25.png

So as you can see guys there is an offer for broadband but the thing is when I go on the website it says broadband plus phone and I don't want the phone deal, but broadband only is like 51 pounds compared to the 24 pounds here. Am I forced to choose a O2 sim to get this deal? And why is the only broadband option so expensive compared to the 24 pounds one. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Money supermarket is a third party on seller who make their money from commission for on selling other companies products.  Perhaps the deal they were pushing has been withdrawn.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The moneysupermarket offer is still there.

VM offer.jpg

When you click through to the VM site you get just the broadband deal without set up cost.

VM offer 2.jpg

VM offer 3.jpg

--

Hi as you can see when i click on the VM deal it sends me to a website which asks me to give my email so they can email me a link to use and get the 95 pound amazon voucher when I purchase the deal.

Sylar1092_1-1657232424329.png

After this I entered my email and then from there click on the link they sent which redirects me to VM page.

Sylar1092_2-1657232480506.png

After I clicked the link it sends me to VM page where it asks me to choose between TV bundles or just broadband, I choose Broadband.

Sylar1092_3-1657232531829.png

After I click you can clearly see I still have the set up cost.

Sylar1092_4-1657232579946.png

Now, however when I tried this website called Cable.co.uk , they had an offer and when I tried using it it DID work, no set up costs and apparently that gift and no set up cost is thanks to a promotional code which you have to enter while making the payment.

Sylar1092_5-1657232857470.png

So I would like to know how did you manage to get no set up costs from the link from moneysupermarket please. Thank you.

I just clicked on the 'Visit now' button on the moneysupermarket page.

--

Hi @Sylar1092

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry for any confusion that has been caused by the deals advertised.

I can see the community advised on how to get the deal via the moneysupermarket page and you mentioned you had also found a similar deal on another site. 

Have you been able to accept the deal you wanted since posting?

Please pop back to us when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide