cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set time restrictions for the WIFI

Jimmytheblade
Joining in

Hi, just transferred over from EE broadband. A great advantage of EE was being able to access the router (192.168.0.0) and set restrictions on when the WIFI could be accessed. So in the week WIFI was available 07:00 - 11:00 and weekends 07:00 - 00:00, this worked wonders with having teenage kids. Trying to do the same with my Hub4 but doesn't look like I can and i appreciate this may have been asked in the past but there doesn't appear to be anything recent.

So, can it be done via logging directly into the router and if not does anyone recommend any pc programs or android apps that would do this (not wifi blocker on android though as this didnt work)

Many thanks

James

2 REPLIES 2

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good evening @Jimmytheblade

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

We don't currently offer a services that you can set a time limit on however via the virgin media connect app you can pause and un pause devices but this would need doing at the start of every day and at the end of every day in this case. 

I have just taken a quick look online to see if there are anything that can offer your requirements I found that Google offer a similar services to the one you had with EE.

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Z92
Trouble shooter

You would have to put the hub into modem mode and purchase a more powerful router with better parental controls.