Menu
Mowens123
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Services disconnected anyway after home move cancelled - please help

I have spent upwards of 15 hours on calls to Virgin this week and am getting nowhere. My elderly mother called Virgin back in Nov to advise of a house move on 8th Jan. This move subsequently was delayed, so she called back mid Dec and cancelled. the cancellation of the move was confirmed and that was that. Come 8th Feb, all my mum's services were disconnected. After many calls and webchats, it was discovered that the people who were meant to purchase her house had called Virgin to sign up for an account at my mother's address for when they moved. They called virgin early dec, just before my mum called to cancel her move. As her account was in a pre disconnect status they were able to do this. The people who were meant to purchase her house never called Virgin back to cancel their move, so on 8th Feb (the date the purchasers had chosen for their installation)her services were disconnected and their account took over. Virgin refused to reinstate her services until the purchasers cancelled their account. We had to contact the estate agent to get their number and ask them to call to cancel their services. They were not happy we had contacted them (naturally) but agreed and cancelled on Fri however Virgin told me they needed to return credit to the purchasers account  before they could reconnect my mother. I was told that someone would contact me Saturday to let me know when this was actioned and my mother's services reinstated but no one did. I called Virgin again on Saturday afternoon and spoke with the rudest agent who was so unhelpful and said we had to contact the purchasers again to get them to contact virgin again to issue the credit refund as "this is your mess". my mother followed all the correct steps and cancelled her move. She had no idea the purchasers had signed up for an account at her address. She is now almost 1 week living alone with no tv, internet or phone and a are about wits end. Please can someone help resolve this as this is clearly a flaw in Virgins procedures that someone who does not live at her address can tAke the services at her address and leave her disconnected.

0 Kudos
Daryl_l
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Services disconnected anyway after home move cancelled - please help

Good morning I'm Daryl,

I send you a private message to get some more details from you and get this sorted 

0 Kudos