cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service not connected but WiFi still working

jhf29
Joining in

I am a new customer and recently received my router. After plugging it in the light did not go white and I was instructed to call Virgin media to activate the service. After doing this the light on the router did not change yet my WiFi is working fine. When I log in to the router admin it tells me everything is connected, but in the my Virgin media app it still says my service has not been connected yet. It has been like this for 3/4 days now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @jhf29, thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused over the status of your connection.

Can you please confirm if the application has now updated for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@jhf29 wrote:

When I log in to the router admin it tells me everything is connected, but in the my Virgin media app it still says my service has not been connected yet. It has been like this for 3/4 days now.

Hi @jhf29 

Have you tried logging into  My Virgin Media  at the top of  this page to see if that shows the correct information?

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Afternoon @jhf29, thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the confusion caused over the status of your connection.

Can you please confirm if the application has now updated for you?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

The application has updated and says the service is connected and all appears to be working, except the light on the router (hub 3) is orange not solid white.