Menu
Dazzer0_o
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Service availability in my area

Hi,

Just wanted to enquire if there are plans to service my area? Coming to the end of my sky contract in September!

My area post code is DA10 0EY, any advice would be appreciated 😀

0 Kudos
Dazzer0_o
Joining in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service availability in my area

The anticipation is debilitating

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM will never reveal future plans for where they are cabling up next - its information they dont want competitors to know.

If your address is not shown on the postcode checker then assume there are no plans to so until you see VM teams digging up the roads and flyers start appearing through the letterbox.

Are there "immediate" neighbours who have VM service already?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dazzer0_o
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey,

Yea the Virgin comms boxes are 3 doors away from my property and the block of houses behind my property have the service (new builds)

I have attached a diagram for reference, see attached;

Yellow = Area covered

Green = my property

Pink = Virgin cabinets 

Screenshot_20210525_154706.jpg

I thought someone maybe able to help as I have seen a few responses to queries where the postcode checks came back with no coverage.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

A VM person will check for you here in due course. But if the yellow area is all new build - the builders will have signed a deal to build in all the ducting infrastructure at the build time.

Are any properties on Leonard Avenue actually cabled up? If not, then VM will have to lay in all that infrastructure for the entire location - so will need to deem whether that is financially viable for them to do that. And whether OR or othe fibre companies are planning to cable that location. In any case it could take years to put it in - but see what VM have to say

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would say, not much chance in the near future, as a major build would have to take place to service your area. The current mapping shows huge gaps in infrastructure at the moment.

https://labs.thinkbroadband.com/local/broadband-map#14/51.4320/0.3244/virgin/ 

VM BB TV Landline. Vonage 2nd line. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos