Menu
angrynotclient
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Service active since 25.08 but physical cable non existent

Hi, I don't know where to look for help anymore so I come here. The customer service is one hell of a joke and makes me start to believe this is a scam company that makes money from people being lied to for hours over the phone.

I ordered virgin media broadband + phone on 12.08, my installation date was 25.08, but before that we were informed somebody has to come and put a cable through to our house before that.

So engineers came last week and they asked us to call landlord asking for permission to cut along the edge of tarmac so they can put cable through. Landlord was not immediately available, so they said they will come later to check back once I have the permission. Nobody ever came. I even asked them what if they don't come, what should I do, should call anyone, write an email. They said no it will be fine. It's not. My internet from sky was switched off last night. We are being left without a single communication. We tried to call virgin several times, people put us through to engineers, who then said they will see what they can do and immediately transfered us to another person rejecting the case, then another person saying the same lies and every time we have to explain all of this again over and over again. Few people told us they are waiting for permission from landlord so our order is on hold (at least thats what you can figure out from their awfull english or lack of it), but when asked how do they obtain a permission, who do they contact, how can they even know who to contact, they could not understand the question. Finally days gone by, one person took details of our estate agency saying they will call back next day, nobody called back as expected, nothings changed, next person the same story, took the details, nobody ever called. We were left without any communication and information on whats going on and how the process will look like, if we didn't chase this we would be completely ignored. So now through all this incompetency I decided to ask on this forum and it's my last shot, but we are not even sure now we want to stay with an awfully organised company like this anymore.

Is there a way to contact a real human being who is competent to solve a thing like installation of services at our address?

What address should I send the bill for incurred financial loss of not being able to work from home as the days gone by and we are already a day past due service launch (obviously the ridiculously bugged website tells us that we are ready to go, our service is all up and running - a laugh!)

And finally is anyone able to tell us how long will this nightmare go on or when will it end?

0 Kudos
jem101
Community elder
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service active since 25.08 but physical cable non existent

OK firstly you need to get back onto Sky and have your old connection reinstated - if you can get a monthly rolling contract, that'll do, if not and you have to sign up for at least a year then, I suggest you do that.

The service doesn't become active until the equipment is installed and commissioned - so at least you won't be paying for a non-existent service. Forget about any sort of compensation, even when working, the residential service has no SLAs and VM make it quite clear in the Ts & Cs that they cannot guarantee uptime and they'll be all sorts of clauses absolving them of any liability in the event of a delayed install.

Now, having go that out of the way, a slight examination of other threads on here will show you that when things go even slightly awry with an installation, VM's procedures and organisation is so shambolic and disconnected that it can literally take months for things to get done - and sometimes they never do and VM just cancel the installation and contract.

Of course it may all happen this afternoon, or tomorrow or Monday - unfortunately nobody will be able to tell you for sure - hence why you need to get your old connection back up and working ASAP. If you do eventually get VM connected up, you then have 14 days to try it and judge for yourself how it works and cancel if necessary - while retaining the Sky connection, or then and only then cancel Sky. Annoying that you end up having to pay for two parallel connections, but it really is necessary if you need an internet connection to work and you can't manage with hot spotting, say, off of your phone.

0 Kudos
Corey_C
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Service active since 25.08 but physical cable non existent

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, angrynotclient,

Sorry to hear that you install is not going as planned. Permissions would have to go to the wayleave team which can only be done by phone though the sales channels. 

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos