cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Service Install pushed back +2 Month

Samashford
Tuning in

Seems like this is ongoing problem for multiple people where Virgin Media really need to sort out their process for getting lines installed.

Services was purchased on 28th May to be installed a month later on the 29th June on the move in date.

on the 28th June we where told they where pushing the install back to the 15th July (Pre-install on the 13th), Which totally messed up my work situation and has to take our a redundant line with Zen who exceptially had it ready to go even before the Active date...

So it comes round the 12th of July and i notice the Pre-Install date had been pushed back to the 15th.. Oh here we go again. I call up to be told that 2 Engineer will arrive on the 15th, 6 hours later on i get a call telling me they are pushing the date to the 10th August because of "Permits" worst thing is no one could provide me the permit number so i could check with the cancel and no one has any clue as to what was going on.

So i decided i've had enough with the Script  Monkey at this point and sent an email to the local council to get the permit numbers for the area.

Turns out 2 permits has been applied for. One on the 26th June, Which was approved on the 28th June, Worst thing is Virgin media, Need to have these approved 5 Days before they begin works. It was left open until the 12th July and was then cancelled.

The second was raised on the 13July, Then cancelled on the 15th July. What the hell are you guys doing?

At this point it's beyond a joke, With the Automatic compensation enforced by Ofcom i have atleast 3-4 months of credit built up to the awful service provided by VM.
X2 Missed Engineer Visits (£50)
£5 per days every day the service isn't live (29th June to 18th July)
5x 20 = £100

I am actually curious what will come first. The Line or enough credit to cover the entire contract.

3 REPLIES 3

Samashford
Tuning in

If anyone decent from the VM team wants to actually sort this mess out happy to provide the following

Work Order Number
Compliant Number
Ofcom Compliant Number

So still no real update from anyone according to Pre-Install a TEE is missing, which i knew months ago anyways.

Wondering if moving to business might be a solution because this is ridiculous. Does anyone know if credit can be transferred from Residential to Business?

So exact same issue here really, 2 months going onto 3 with no service, no notes, no one seems to know anything.

On the 28th i quickly rushed to get Zen installed so i could at-least have an internet line in place so i didn't miss more work.

I'd highly recommend a deadlock for your compliant then take it to CISAS for punitive damage due to loss worked & also having to pay for a secondary ISP line.

I'd also raise an Ofcom compliant.

Also work noting Ofcom have regulation which means you're entitled to automated compensation - https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

Virgin Media pass this off as compensation but they are required to give it.