Menu
Fluffy11
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Self set up done -no speed increase?

I have just received a new Hub4 and signed up for a 1Gig connection, my speed has dropped to 100Mbs rather than increase? Is the speed increase instant or does it take time to configure? I have upgraded from 200Mbs.

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self set up done -no speed increase?

was the speed test done on a wired connection
Fluffy11
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes Cat5e

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

there is no reason you would see a speed drop.
if you are seeing speeds between 90-100 that often points to a 100mbps network connection somewhere. that can be from a miss configured device or faulty network cable. Does the PC and hub how show the LAN port at 1000 and do you have anything else like a powerline or switch between he PC and hub
Fluffy11
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the relpy.

Oddly, I have a PC connected via Cat6 on the other side of the house and it gets the required speed. The PC I  have the low speeds on had no issue before on ethernet cable, achieving 200mbs on ethernet and wifi ( its used less than i meter from the Hub) I have the 5GHz network switched off due to issues with my SkyQ network. I have a PS5 on Cat6 that also achieves less that 100Mbs. Has the Hub4 got QOS?

The Sam Knows real speed check confirms 1018mbs to the Hub4 but only 58bmbs to the devices that are less than a meter from the hub with to obsrtuctions ?

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
sophist
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Anonymous wrote:
there is no reason you would see a speed drop.
if you are seeing speeds between 90-100 that often points to a 100mbps network connection somewhere. that can be from a miss configured device or faulty network cable. Does the PC and hub how show the LAN port at 1000 and do you have anything else like a powerline or switch between he PC and hub

It is almost certainly this. There have been numerous posts about the hub4 Ethernet ports only negotiating at 100mb. Check what the affected pc has negotiated at.

0 Kudos
Fluffy11
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the response, the hub shows a connection at 1000, I have just connected a new Cat6 cable. It seems that only one device can achieve the full speed.

Even on WI-FI speeds are limited to 50Mbps despite being less than 2 meters away in line of sight. I also have a Samsung S20 Ultra and an Apple Iphone 11 connected via wifi, all of which connect under 50mbps in the same room as the hub.

0 Kudos