cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self installation

ernie2
Joining in

New customer, trying to self install my hub and 360 box. Previous tenants had painted over our VM wall socket, which has a wire fixed into it and is clipped along the skirting board to behind where our tv is. I was unable to do step 1.2 as the wire is already in. (Will attach pictures) I carried on the steps and my router has now been sitting for 40+ minutes with an orange light. It did flash green shortly after I plugged it in but has been orange ever since. Does this just take a while or is this a bigger issue? ie - old plug/wire? 

Hope this makes sense. Need it sorted ASAP as I work from home 😞 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

different hubs have different light sequences and as i dont know what hub you have am not sure what the lights are saying - the hub3 should have a white to orange light at the bottom and no other lights

the hub 4 should have a white ring light - no idea on a hub 5 have never seen one

but assuming its activated and working can you see the ssid for the wifi or connect with a lan cable and connect to the internet

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

so the hub is connected by an existing wire from the wall box - that should be ok assuming its fully screwed in - have you rung the activation line - thats the next step

0800 953 9500

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you!! I have phoned them and they sent a connection, the wifi, arrows and phone lights were green and said it would take around 15-30 mins to establish connection but the lights have now gone off. Is this ok?! Or does this stunt the whole set up progress? 

My instructions have been so sketchy! 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

different hubs have different light sequences and as i dont know what hub you have am not sure what the lights are saying - the hub3 should have a white to orange light at the bottom and no other lights

the hub 4 should have a white ring light - no idea on a hub 5 have never seen one

but assuming its activated and working can you see the ssid for the wifi or connect with a lan cable and connect to the internet

Tony.
Sacked VIP

It’s a hub3 I’ve got here. Sorry, the light at the bottom yes but had 3 icons above. I have connected my phone to it however it is saying weak security and the light is still orange.. I’ll continue on with setting up the 360 box in hope that it all works! 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

sounds like its working - the hub3 base light is anything from white to coffee coloured - the weak security is afaik an iphone thing - theres threads about it on here - again afaik its nothing to worry about

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thank you!! You’ve been a great help, really appreciate it!