cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Self installation but NO wall socket

Owenhclark
Joining in

So I have a fibre package in my current home, we are moving next weekend and today I couldn't find the vm wall socket that I need for the red tag cable to plug Into . I have already arranged for my broadband to me switched to the new property as vm said its already present in the house but have no wall socket except a very old telecoms..

Someone please help or advise ๐Ÿ˜ฉ 

4 REPLIES 4

Cameron121
On our wavelength

It could be that a previous owner has cut the cabling out. Try tracing the cables back to the house from the brown box outside. 

If there is no internal box or the cable has been removed, you will need to ring VM and request an installation visit to get the internal box fitted.

I have searched high and low and can't find any cables inside or out so looks like it's a phone call 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Owenhclark 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 to arrange a tech install.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Owenclark, thanks for posting on our help forums and for joining the VM community.
Welcome on board! ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry to see you're missing the isolator plate (big white VM socket) for your services to be installed. ๐Ÿ˜ž

There are cases where we'd need to convert a self-install to a manned one if this socket is missing, the great news is all this can be done 100% free of cost to you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Please, give us an update and let us know where you are with this process since your last post here and if you've called and booked an install visit in?

We're eager to assist with this on our end in case you haven't had time to make arrangements, cheers.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs