Menu
amy10
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Self install

Hi,

I have a quick start tv box to set up and I have no splitter or cable so I can’t connect the broadband and to my tv. I already gad an internet box and have upgraded to a tv box but haven’t received a splitter

regards,
Amy

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Self install

there isn't a splitter the cable for the tv box has the splitter in it. do you have any cables with the box? can you post a picture of what you got
0 Kudos
amy10
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I

7CB04189-0092-42A3-93B4-BB7EEDBEC765.jpeg

2A883865-629B-4A9D-9832-9E8B56621E6C.jpeg

Only cable in the box was an ethernet cable and a short white cable about 10-15cm long. 

0 Kudos
amy10
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I already had an internet box. That cable doesn’t have a built in splitter like the instructions. It’s just a single cable running from the wall to my internet hub.

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @amy10

I am sorry that the splitter was missed from your self-installation pack. I have located your account for you from your Forum information and have now ordered you one direct; you should get this in the next few days depending on the post!

It'll fit through the letter box with no issue. If you've not had it within 10 working days, please do pop back and let me know. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
amy10
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I’ve been sent a power plug to power the tv box. I actually had one.  I thought it was a co axial splitter to connect the internet to both my internet box and tv box I was being sent? 

This is now 2 weeks I’m paying for a tv bundle I cannot use. Very disappointed with the service from Virgin Media 

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amy,

Thank you for coming back to us, I am sorry to hear the part we sent wasn't correct and you still aren't able to us the TGV services, I have sent a Email to the area field Manager to arrange to drop a slitter plus cable to you so you can start using the service ASAP.

I will let you know once they come back to me.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Amy,

I have had a reply and we are going to drop a splitter and cables in to you.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos