Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Self install

Got self install kit Friday, phoned number to activate received text to say all activated.

Green flashing light on router for 48hrs. Tried calling combined hold time of over 3 hours cut off twice at the hour mark!

Frustrating to say least is tried at 8am again this morning for a hour now getting call centres closed message. 

NB tried resets, turning off for hour, checking cables and run all tests on my virgin media says to call. Nightmare. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self install

See my reply a few minutes ago to a similar post.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Green-flashing-light-and-solid-green-wifi...

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

thanks, I got through to a person who said they have activated took serial number etc. Still green blinking but said it could take an hour. I’m not holding out much hope though 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Keep an eye on it during the evening, in the morning if it is still the same try a reboot to see if the Hub can renegotiate a better connection using this method ...

Switch the Hub off using the small switch on the rear of the Hub next to the power cord and pull the PSU plug from the wall socket.

Give it a good 5 minutes put the plug back in and switch the Hub back on.

Allow the Hub a few minutes to fully restart then try your connection again.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If it is still the same after that you will need to phone in again (08:00 is the best time) or wait on here for a few days (6 to 7 days average) until one of the VM Forum Staff comes along.

If you wait on here Do Not bump the thread it will put it further down the VM 'to do list'.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks will try, noted my house has two virgin sockets one in master bedroom one in front room should I try the other socket?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You can but I doubt it will make any difference.

Before you do move anything, ensure it is switched off using the small switch on the rear next to the power cord.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wingnutbruno, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I am sorry your services are not working on install.  I would like to take a closer look at this.  To enable me to do so, I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen,

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos