Menu
Peachey1212
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Self install help! Dual coaxial cable!?

Hi there VM Community! 

My hub arrived today and I appear to have a two headed coaxial cable (male) extending from the VM wall-case. 

I think I need an engineer but for the life of me I can not get to where I need online to book an engineer as I think the cable will need replacing. I’m on a first floor and the cable runs down the front of the building to two VM brown boxes.

How do I resolve this and am I able to fix it myself!? 😬

Many thanks,

Peachey1212

FF5E6492-C24B-43E0-9338-E6EF0EE1754A.jpeg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self install help! Dual coaxial cable!?

that looks like a sky cable.
Looks like someone has removed the VM cable to use the hole for a sky dish.

you'll need an engineer if thats the case
stabilo00
Superfast
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If both cables are the same size then will be sky. Are you sure they go back to the brown Virgin box. Your photo isnt showing yet.
Peachey1212
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stabilo00,

the photo is just of the cables and the white VM housing (awaiting approval). The cable goes through a hole and is just kind of ‘hung’ over the ground levels porch bit. Then it traces down the wall. It’s not clear whether it goes into the brown VM boxes on the front of the building or whether it is the suspicious cut wire freely hanging on the ground... what a mess. 

from the sounds of it, it is a sky cable then. Unfortunately I’m not familiar with the various cable types so seeing as it had a virgin logo on I figured we must be good to go. 

I hope engineers aren’t too busy I ran out of data 10 days ago 😬 

0 Kudos
Peachey1212
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hiya!

Thanks for your help!

Ahh damn! I figured with the logo on the housing I was fine to self install... if only the sky-engineer had a sharpie or a sticker! 

Do you happen to have the best way of arranging an engineer coming out?

Many thanks,

Peachey1212

BenJ_
Tuning in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is there a socket on the underside of the wall box? To the left hand side under the Virgin logo, I think.

Usually you'll plug the provided coaxial cable into that, instead of having cables passing through.

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you will have to ring on your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone.

You can always wait here and it could take upto a week for a response from the forum team to book it for you
0 Kudos
Serena_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Peachey1212

Welcome to the Community Help Forums 🙂 Thank you for your post regarding your Quick Start self install. Sorry to see you have been having issues getting your services up and running.

Please can you give our Quick Start Team a call on their dedicated number: 0800 953 9500 to get this resolved.

Thanks,

Serena

0 Kudos