Menu
sparkypiano
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Self-install change to engineer visit

I am moving to a new house which has Virgin but it has been installed for many years and was transferred from NTL World.  I have booked self-install but would like to change to engineer just in case there are issues, as I need to have the broadband working from day 1.

What is the process for changing from self-install to requesting an engineer?  There appears to be nothing in the menus online and following the options for call centre keeps cutting me off.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self-install change to engineer visit

See if these can help... The Pre-installation and delivery team

On.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sparkypiano
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks John.  That's the number I rang. I tried the option 0 (other) and, after going through security questions twice with 2 different teams and waiting quite a while, it appears that I now have an engineer appointment. I have had no email follow up yet which makes me a little nervous as it all seemed quite clunky with one call agent waiting for another call agent to find an appointment and get back. Guess we'll see....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Appointment should show in "your account" on the VM website

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
sparkypiano
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

mmmm.... still showing as self-install in there.........guess I am going to havse to go through the process all over again.

Not filling me with confidence

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sometimes the system will say there's already a VM point there and automatically convert an engineer call into a self-install, because one is covid-safe and the other is not (plus it saves an engineer). You may also be charged £35 for the callout. 

But even if you get an engineer it doesn't mean you'll be up and running from day 1, so if that's a requirement you need to make a plan B, just in case. 

sparkypiano
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Cheers
0 Kudos