Menu
Cariboucactus
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Self activate after house move

I moved house yesterday and the engineer didn’t appear 😞

I’ve got all the cables, hub, etc and there’s a virgin broadband box here - is it possible to just connect/get the connection activated without needing an engineer?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Self activate after house move

Give it a try, you have nothing to lose.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Cariboucactus
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - it’s saying ‘access denied’ on the router - been on hold for technical dept for an hour now after being passed around a couple of departments so hoping there was someone online who knows if there’s a way just to get the services activated - doesn’t look like any extra hardware is needed...

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

VM have recently started pre-activating their equipment, and the box should call "home" and be activated within 30 minutes, however sometimes this fails and the advice is to sign into Service status at the top of this page and run a test against the equipment you are installing. By doing this VM will be able to reboot the box or put you in touch with the right team.

You could also try the following, call 0800 953 9500 to activate the box. You will need the box serial number, and your account number and area code.

You could also try contacting New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation. That is 150 from a Virgin landline options 1,1,1 and 4 or 0345 4541111 from any other phone, options 1,1, 2 and 4.

Best time to call is 08:00

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Cariboucactus
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much.  

after several calls asking for similar things, I called again saying I wanted to connect my ‘new’ equipment and had the hub’s serial number. They explained that it may not work, but they finally tried ‘sending some signals’ down the line and it may connect in 30 mins, otherwise the engineer would be needed. Totally worked! Thank you. 

With a slight change of wording, that’s exactly what I asked them to try in the first place - would have saved their team time on the phone - and me a total of four hours on hold.

thanks again - your advice made a massive difference 

0 Kudos