Menu
Oak
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Second survey after looking at wrong side of building

As a bit of background, I was previously a customer of Virgin in a ground floor flat. In January I moved up one floor to the flat directly above and tried to take my contract with me. I assumed this would be a straightforward process.

After a survey I was told that it wouldn't be possible to connect me, and Virgin ended the contract. It was very clear afterwards that the engineers had been looking at the wrong side of the building and trying to bring a connection through the back garden, rather than just bringing a line up where the ground floor flat has its connection.

I have called up multiple times since then attempting to see if that was the case and to try and arrange a second survey. The responses I've received have included being directly hung up on and being redirected to a dead line multiple times, however twice I have managed to explain the situation fully and been told that a second survey will occur.

2 weeks ago I was told that a survey would occur that week, however when I rang the following week I was told no such survey had been arranged.

At this point I'm very disappointed. There is a waiting list for FTTC in my area so I'm stuck on a very slow connection and have no other options for broadband that allow me to work from home comfortably. I just want to be a customer of Virgin broadband and I'm surprised at how difficult that is. Is there a way for me to talk to someone and be confident that a survey is arranged?

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second survey after looking at wrong side of building

Hi there

Happy to take a look at this for you. I'll pop you a private message to take a few more details

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second survey after looking at wrong side of building

You get all kinds of problems when your drop line has to cross someone else’s property. The ground floor flat is now effectively “in the way” of your installation, & would have to carry an omnibox both for your flat & the one below.

It may be a case of having to fill in wayleave forms before you can get installed.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks