Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Second box replacement

I just want to talk to a customer service operator regards a letter I have received:

’Upgrade now to keep your second TV box services up and running’

If I phone 0345 454 1111 I just end up on hold. I tried text but had problems.

All I want to do is upgrade my second box to a V6 as instructed I the letter.

Why can’t I?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second box replacement

What is the second box? Its likely they will only upgrade for free to a Tivo rather than a V6.

Best bet might be to call "retentions" and negotiate a new package with 2 V6's.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi rdberks60,

I also had a letter today from VM. It said I could swap my tivo box in my other room to a tivo6 box. It also said my bill would not be increased.  I am, to say the least a little apprehensive about this as it is very vague about the cost or no cost. Nothing was said about an Engineer's cost for installation. Not sure what to think or do about this. any ideas Guys. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

That seems to be the policy now - they are not swapping to V6's - only to Tivo's - unless you "pay" the "install" charges and increased rental.

The solution that has worked for several people on her is to call "retentions - thinking of leaving" and negotiate a new package to include the V6's you want. They will offer you a deal in lieu of signing a new 1 year contract - - it wont be as good as a new customer deal (you already had that discount) but it might be a better deal which you like.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

@rdberks60 wrote:

I just want to talk to a customer service operator regards a letter I have received:

’Upgrade now to keep your second TV box services up and running’

If I phone 0345 454 1111 I just end up on hold. I tried text but had problems.

All I want to do is upgrade my second box to a V6 as instructed I the letter.

Why can’t I?

If you've had a swap letter it's because your box should be an very old V box of some type, not either of the still in use TiVo or V6 boxes.

There should be a web address in the letter to advise you of how to arrange it online. What happens when you try that?

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Got my new box today and had it installed and up and running in about an hour. Quite happy with that. The only thing was in regard to sending the old box back in the box which the new one came in. The old one just would not fit in to it. Probably because it is at least twice the size of the new one.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hello Luckyjfl

Great to hear the new box has settled in well

The Tivo box you need to send back 

We have a new process now due to Covid 19,. Any returns are being collected by one of our in house engineers. This is to lessen the need for people to visit shops, travel etc 

You will receive a call about the collection very soon 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, can any of you tell me if your self installed the second V6 box directly with the old Tivo cable?

I am contemplating an upgrade from Full House/M350 with a single V6 to the Ultimate Oomph, but cannot get a detailed answer regarding this, there is a cable in situ that a previous Tivo box was connected to.

I want to know if the second box can be self installed if I upgrade to Ultimate Oomph

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi sastusbulbas,

You would be able to install the V6 box using a former Tivo cable, this would of course need to be a activated by our call centre, but this is possible

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I just seen this message today Gareth as I have not been too well.75 and you get all sorts of health problems, lol. Now, I have been searching high and low for the old box and for the life of me, I cannot find it.It has to be in the house somewhere, as I put it away with all the cables etc. I could not fit it in the box which was sent, on account of it been too small. I will search again tomorrow and please God I will find it. How on earth does one lose a box of stuff that size in a 3 bedroomed house. Fingers crossed I will find it soon. Jimmy L.
0 Kudos