Menu
Carlylouise92
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Second attempt to upgrade my package!

Hi,

I wondered if anybody could help me with an issue. I am really just looking for confirmation that the bundle upgrade I have done online will be honoured and that the relevant equipment will be actually delivered on the day we have picked, as our last attempt left us scratching our heads as I received an email to confirm our order, so I booked a day off work to be home for delivery that didnt turn up and the operator said they have not had any upgrades put through and that they didn't know of any such upgrades even though they are still online and still being offered to us. Will I be wasting another holiday day if I book one expecting delivery to actually turn up? 

Thanks.

IMG-20201231-WA0003.jpg

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Second attempt to upgrade my package!

What hardware were you expecting to be delivered ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
Carlylouise92
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I am waiting for the Tivo box as we currently still have the old one and for our package to actually be updated with the tv channels etc.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Carlylouise92,

Have you signed into My Virgin Media, hold the cursor over My Account and then click on Track My Order, to check if your new TIVO is out for delivery?

If it is then you should receive an email or text message from the courier advising of the delivery schedule.

The channels won't be updated until the new box is installed and activated.

If nothing is showing in there then I suggest you speak to regrades and ask then to manually place the regrade for you  (it's possible you will be able to negotiate a better price at the same time)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Carlylouise92
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Newapollo,

Thank you for your help. The track my order page states no new open orders at the moment but note that it might take 24 hours before any info appears, it is now over 24 hours but not sure about that time frame being accurate during bank holidays. I will contact them tomorrow again but last time they said the deal didn't exist and that they couldn't offer us it and that only the web team could and passed me to four other departments that said the same thing.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Carlylouise92,

If you do need to contact VM again then speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us) 

They can follow up on the regrade and place a new order if necessary, plus they will have access to more offers than the regrades team.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Carlylouise92
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I have again contacted them and been told we can't have that deal at that price or term of contract to then get a counter offer of exactly the same package with a longer term for £65.99 instead of the original £56.50 been passed around to all departments some that was not even open! One of the departments did mention that this was the web teams offer, to which I replied how do I get in contact with the web team? Then I was transferred over to a closed department. Pulling my hair out over here guys!! Our old contract runs out very soon.

0 Kudos
Carlylouise92
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I know the increase in the amount isn't exactly massive however on principle I don't like what is happening here!

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

VM media only appreciate you as a customer when you serve them 1 month notice to terminate contract. You will be suprised how much flexibilty the retention team have compared the usual customer relations team you get through.

I was certianly surprised when they renewed my M100 last week. Reduced from £25 to a new 18month contract £16 🙂

At that price & speed I can't really complaint about the odd drop outs in service.

I would suggest you give them 1 monts notice to leave and wait for the phone call..you may even get a better deal than the web offer 🙂

Virgin Media.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos