Menu
terryR1
Up to speed
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Screen Lock

My screen lock is set to come on after 10 minutes but recently the screen goes blank after about 2 minutes of not being used and when you click the mouse, the lock screen comes up and and needs a pin/password to gat back in-so frustrating. I went to restore my computer to see if this would cure the problem ( hoping to go back 2/3 weeks) and, again frustratingly, there is no restore points. please advise !!!! 

Thanks

Terry

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Screen Lock

You need to get on a forum that covers the Operating System that you are using.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@terryR1 wrote:

My screen lock is set to come on after 10 minutes but recently the screen goes blank after about 2 minutes of not being used and when you click the mouse, the lock screen comes up and and needs a pin/password to gat back in-so frustrating. I went to restore my computer to see if this would cure the problem ( hoping to go back 2/3 weeks) and, again frustratingly, there is no restore points. please advise !!!! 

Thanks

Terry

Which operating system are you using?

0 Kudos
terryR1
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Windows 10. I downloaded an up date about two weeks ago

0 Kudos
terryR1
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks

0 Kudos
goslow
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@terryR1 wrote:

Windows 10. I downloaded an up date about two weeks ago

You can check your current settings via

Windows Start button (bottom LHS of screen)>> Settings (cog icon)>>Personalisation (link in top RHS of 'Windows settings' window)

On the LHS of that window choose the link for 'Lock screen' then scroll towards the bottom of that page until you can see links for 'Screen timeout settings' and 'Screen saver settings'

The 'Screen timeout settings' is just a power management feature to put the monitor to sleep and shouldn't lock you out in any way.

In 'Screen saver settings' you get to select your choice of screen saver, the time taken before the screen saver comes on and there is a tick box to set whether you want the login screen when resuming from screen saver.

Needless to say, make 100% sure you know all your PINs, passwords etc. to avoid locking yourself out of the computer!

On some rare occasions the above settings can be correct but the actual timings are much shorter. Have only seen that happen with specific hardware issues though.

If the above doesn't help, then I'm afraid you'll need to start doing a bit of Googling.

terryR1
Up to speed
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks so much 'goslow'. Brilliant - all cured

Cheers

Terry

0 Kudos