Menu
guyfletch
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Schedule pre-install and installation

Hi,

I was due to have pre-install and installation done before Christmas. Didn't happen. Ok - my previous provider has me still connected, so far.

I eventually got somebody by SMS, who promised me £5/day for the delay. Ok, cool - but eventually I'm going to get cut off, at which point daily internet will be more valuable to me than that fiver, because I won't be able to work.

I have not been able to get anyone, by phone or text, to schedule me a new pre-install or install, and the clock is ticking.

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Schedule pre-install and installation

Have you called the virgin contact number 150 from virgin mobile or virgin landline if that is activated

"If you need to talk to us give our team a call on 150 from your Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 * from any other phone..

*For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary. "

Try first thing in the morning when they open on a Monday to Friday 8AM also try the chat but calling is quicker.
0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ask to speak to customer relations ("I'm thinking of leaving") As they will have to check on their system if there has been an issue.
0 Kudos
guyfletch
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

No Virgin phone line, but I can try the general number again. I did sit on hold for ~30 minutes and then they hung up without answering, which is why I was looking for alternative means of contact. Email would be favourite, but I understand a customer service email for Virgin doesn't exist.

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi,
Sorry about the slow response I did not see the message, if they are not answering for ages I always leave it on hold and do something else while that is happening.
However I have got through to an agent in less than 1 Minute before and usually less than half an hour to do this first try the chat and if there is no response then call and it will ask if its linked you say it is as it obviously is then you get through quicker to the correct team, however do this in the morning at 8AM when you call them as you will get through in less than 30 Mints the longest I have ever had to wait in the morning i believe was 15 mins but I always do something else while on hold.
Then it feels like it has not been as long unless your phone plan is not unlimited.

Please give me a thumbs up if i have helped

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi guyfletch,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm very sorry to hear that you've had a lot of trouble reaching us and that your installation has been delayed. I'll do my best to find out what's happened for you and arrange the services to be installed as soon as possible.

Please head over to the purple envelope where I've sent you over a PM as I'm going to look into this for you from there.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos