Menu
t_m_evans42
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Satelite Wall Socket

Im not sure im posting this is the correct section, so i appologise now. 

We are redocoating the living room and at the moment our Virgin Media comes into our house from the wall box outside thought a drilled hole on the wall into our living room, before going through a splitter one to the wifi box and the other to the tv box. 

What i woudl like to know, is it possible to install  something like this to  https://www.screwfix.com/p/schneider-electric-lisse-1-gang-quadruplex-multimedia-socket-white/4966J?...

to allow me to remove the single cable coming through the wall and allow me to tidy up all the cables?  or is it not possible to achieve that and you have to live with the horrible installation we were left with? 

Any advise on how to install a recessed coax connection that works wiht the virgin media system would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Satelite Wall Socket

Hello

Only VM can modify the connectors as doing so with non VM equipment can cause noise ingress not just for you but the whole street. Any changes that Virginmedia will do will be charged as a non fault callout at £99. Changing any sockets yourself is against the  terms and conditions.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure whether you can fit an isolator behind a multimedia socket, so best to have different sockets for VM and Sky. Also, don't be tempted to tidy up by connecting VM cable to Sky or vice versa.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
t_m_evans42
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, so if only VM can work on the system, can they tidy up the installation? and if so is it possible via a wall mounted socket rather than the cable through the wall and the meters of cable they use to install the set up?  - we currently don't have a socket inside the property - just a cable to a splitter before it goes to the router and VM hub. it wouldn't be so bad if we had a wall mounted socket  but don't. 

I would like a complete minimal look to the installation, so any advise on how this can be achieved would be great as it means i can make the correct request of VM, and ensure i have the right knowledge when they turn up. 

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

vm can do this but it will cost £99 for a non-fault callout
0 Kudos
Adduxi
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

You will need to get one of these installed along with a deep back box to contain the isolator.  They are used in new builds, but I'm not sure if a VM engineer will fit the necessary back box etc as it's a fair bit of work.

Euro_Module.JPG

0 Kudos
t_m_evans42
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your help. 

In simple terms - as long as we do the chopping out and fit a large back box they could then fit what you have shown in the image attached. 

Many thanks  - I shall contact VM.  

0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hey t_m_evans42,

Have you been able to contact the team to get this looked into further and booked in? 

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos