Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

SHub3 filter rules

Hi all.

I've been struggling with the filter rules on my SuperHub3. I have added several devices using the MAC address filter rules, and allocated different restriction times for weekday and weekends. It seemed to be working really well but I've noticed recently that the devices are disappearing from the 'MAC filtering list' - subsequently the devices continue to have access all the time. 

Any help would be very much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SHub3 filter rules

The Hub 3 is (as a router) cheap and cheerless.  The time of use filtering hasn't worked since forever, and your best option is to stick the Hub 3 in modem mode and buy a decent router or wifi mesh system, and use that instead.  And in addition to better filtering and parental controls, you'd have better, stronger, more reliable wireless.  Check that whatever you have in mind has the capabilities to do what you want - cheaper routers and mesh system sometimes skimp on advanced user controls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: SHub3 filter rules

Thank you, I had a feeling someone would suggest that. I might have a look about then, thanks for your reply.
0 Kudos