Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

S101 when using WiFi and which cables

I have my v6 box but not sure which cables are needed when using a WiFi connection and not a Ethernet cable to connect to hub ( tv box and hub are on different sides of the room.  I’ve had the box activated today.  I can watch it all on my phone but I pay for it on the tv and tempted to cancel as I can’t sort it 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101 when using WiFi and which cables

The white co-ax cable must be connected.

If you can use an ethernet cable use one, it is a far better connection than Wi-Fi.

If you can't use an ethernet cable go into the V6 Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network & set up a connection to the Wi-Fi broadcast

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Semi-Retired Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - Mike Robbo
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have my hub and tv box on different sides of the room but I have the cables it came with connected with the hub box and not the tv.  I’m connected to the WiFi on the box just not loading channels 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi hollylister,

If you have an ethernet cable connected to the V6 box please remove it so the box can search for wifi channels. If you have the ethernet cable plugged into the V6, even if it's not connected to anything else, the V6 assumes you are connected to your router.

To see your network settings:
1. Select Help & Settings on the Home screen.
2. Choose Settings.
3. Select Network.
4. Choose one of the available options.(wifi)
• Connect to the Virgin Media TV service now
• Change Network Settings > 

You can either press the WPS button on your hub until the light flashes, then press OK to continue - the TV should show a screen saying connecting etc which will take up to 2 minutes.  Then the screen will change to Your V6 is connected to your home network. 

You can also go to Change Network settings and click on Search for wifi Networks and then click OK on the network name SSID (eg VM123456) and enter the WiFi password which is on the base of your router (12 characters)

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have all the cables on the hub connected and working fine. I have all the cables connected for the tv box to the tv hdmi but the coax cable I’ve tried a few but nothing seems to be working 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@hollylister wrote:

I have all the cables on the hub connected and working fine. I have all the cables connected for the tv box to the tv hdmi but the coax cable I’ve tried a few but nothing seems to be working 

As Mike has already stated above, you must have the co-ax cable connected to the V6.  The co-ax cable going to the Hub should have a splitter so one co-ax cable to the Hub and one co-ax cable to the V6.

0 Kudos