Menu
johnandrewdougl
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Running cables from cabinet to building.

Hi, 

I live in a victorian building with 8 flats. In 2004 all of the other buildings on the street were trunked from the main door through and up the communal close to each flat. All flats in each building were cabled as there was an interest from at least one flat in each of these buildings. 

Thankfully someone had the foresight to run the pipework linking the cabinet to the main door of the building so that the cables could be run through this without having to dig up the street in the future. 

Having contacted Virgin a number of times now, they have said that as the computer says the building is not serviceable, there is nothing that can be done, and a 'Cable My Street' request form should be filled in, which could take up to 2 years, and isn't a guarantee. 

However, it is quite obvious that the difficult and costly part - the digging up of the street, has been completed, although despite offering Virgin photos of this, they have no interest in even looking at the issues. 

Is there a process other than 'cable my street' that can be used, as this doesn't really seem to fit the bill in this case?

Thanks, 

John

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Running cables from cabinet to building.

Hello,

Let me see what I can do to help with this.

I’ll send over a private message to take some details and further assist you.

Many Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos