Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Router malfunction - HELP!

Hello all, I've just joined the VM Community in desperation as I cannot contact Virgin Media Technical Support.

I have a serious problem in that my SuperHub 3 router is not working - it is showing a continuous red light.  I started installing a mesh wi-fi system as my partner was not getting good internet access in her study.  In the process, I had to convert the router to a modem, which I did, but then the router switched to a red light and I couldn't install the wi-fi system.  So now we are stuck without wi-fi, I can't connect to my work laptop to work from home and my partner can't connect to her desktop internet, so she can't work from home either.  She is getting no emails and both of us cannot use our tablets for social media communication without wi-fi. I am connected to the internet on my desktop via an ethernet cable, but that is it.

As I said, I tried calling Virgin Media technical support but they are not answering phone calls - there also is no live chat facility that I can see and all the help topics/videos/FAQ's are useless to me.

Does anyone have any idea how else I can contact Virgin Media?  I am so desperate I am going to try  calling their accounts department to see if I can talk to a live person.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Router malfunction - HELP!

Hi,

usually a red light at the bottom of the hub is showing that the hub is getting to hot.

if you haven’t as yet do a pinhole reset for 60 seconds on the back of the hub this should revert all settings back on the hub so you can get WiFi straight from the hub.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

The quickest way to resolve this is too keep the hub turned on and the press and hold the reset button on the back for a timed 30 secs. Do not power off the hub, once reset and the lights have stabilized you should be good to go.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,
Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - can you send me a personal message; hover over my name and select send message.

You've got the reddish/purplish light as it is in modem mode.

Retro-Tech

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there, 

Initially I would pin reset the Hub, you can find it on the back of the Hub. 

Hold the button in for 30 seconds then release it. 

If that doesn't work.please contact the number below.

Due to the current situation there is a text message only service is available via: 07533051809 Just send a text with the issue you are facing and someone will get back to you as soon as they can. Please bear in mind at this time this service does also have a high load and may take quite some time getting back to you.

Ashley VM Service Tech 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Modem is still in modem mode sounds like. Only top or bottom ethernet ports will work in this mode if you want to change back to router do a pin hole reset on modem hold pin in untill.lights flash on front of modem.

Hope this helps you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you all for your very prompt responses to my plea for help, which was very impressive I must say.  I have now reset the router as suggested and this has resolved the issue - I'm back up and running with wi-fi and am a very happy chappy!  Thank you all again and keep safe!

Marcel Attard

0 Kudos