Menu
steveyg_uk
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Rf type f booster

Hi.

Have no Internet no broadband. Ran through all checks. Sending out an engineer have to wait 1 week.  No good enough. C133 tv.  Router green flashing power light. All seems to point to signal issue. 

Taken a look myself and the type f signal booster plug doesn't have a green light to say its on.  I suspect that's the fault.

I've enclosed photos to show what I mean. Virgin CS think I'm talking about wifi booster which I'm not.

SmartSelect_20201010-121040_Gallery.jpg

SmartSelect_20201010-121402_Gallery.jpg

Does anyone know if I can source the plug myself or can virgin staff just send me one? I've looked part.details up online for the plug and cannot find anything.

Thanks in advance.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rf type f booster

Have you checked the 'Check Service Status' at the top of the page ?

If nothing is showing try phoning 0800 561 0061, this will tell you of more local issues that may be affecting the area. Be aware that it isn't a manned line.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
steveyg_uk
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi. No issues in my area.  Issue is with virgin media plug.  No green light. Need a new one.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Isolator in your photo doesn't have any lights.

Are you on FTTP ?

What does the cable from that 3 pin plug connect to ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
steveyg_uk
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Please.scroll.up and check photo. It.shows on photo writen in yellow, showing thats the lead for plug.  Appears to be virgin rf modulator via type f connector.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you on FTTP ?

0 Kudos
steveyg_uk
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Think so.

Have feed from road to brown box outside wall.  4 feed splitter to 4 TV boxes.

1 feed to TV in garage then goes to picture shows and is split for router and TV signal.  

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

When you have FTTP there is a white box on an internal wall that you connect power to.

I have never ever seen a power cable going into the 'F splitter' that you have uploaded a photo of.

0 Kudos
steveyg_uk
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Its a teleste increase power inserter

Ash-ipi-gI

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

What do the labels at the connection points say ?

0 Kudos