Menu
DancinBallerina
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Returning equipment - been trying to since February?!

Hi all

I am at my wits end with this, so would very much appreciate a response from anyone.

February I ordered a new Broadband Hub unit, as the old one broke. I was advised by the customer service advisor to keep the old equipment, and return this as soon as possible - once I received a returns pack. I waited and waited and waited, and nothing arrived. I have consulted with several people regarding this, and I am still waiting. 

We're now in December, and I want to get rid of this equipment as I do not want to be charged.

Please can someone assist and advise me how best I can return this equipment please. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning equipment - been trying to since February?!

Hi DancinBallerina,

What equipment was it?  It may be that VM no longer need it returning.

You can check here return-or-recycle-equipment  and if necessary use the link on the same page to order a return packs.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

DancinBallerina
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response.

The old hub unit is Super Hub 2ac (VMDG490) NetGear? I just don't want to throw it away, and then find out I should have returned it, and then be charged!

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM are not issuing SH2’s to anybody, so they will not want it back. If they had wanted it they would have sent instructions, they are quick to charge people who do not return equipment than can be reused. Just take it to your local tip who will be able to deal with it.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
DancinBallerina
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response Tudor. This is frustrating, as I have been communicating with VM, and they have said time and time again ''yes we shall send you a return label'' - and nothing has ever materialised. Why didn't they just say ''bin it'', rather than stringing me on for the last year. 

0 Kudos
BrianY
Rising star
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The council 'recycle centre' is the place for it!
0 Kudos