Menu
jazbansal
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Returning customer, cannot register with email address

Hi all, 

I am a returning customer to Virgin and am trying to register with my email address.  However as a returning customer i cannot reuse my email address as its registered and been advised i have to use another email.  I think in this day and age, this is not a reasonable comback,  

I have been on the phone with Virgin for in excess of 4 hours and finally got hold of somebody that agreed this this not right and has logged a ticked within our IT to see if they can rectify this.  Estimated SLA was 72 hours and this has now passed.  

is anybody able to help or advise on how i can move forward with this,  I know the simplest to this would be to create a new email but in principle i should be able to use my primary email address i have had for eternity.....that is regularly used..

thanks for any help in advance,

jaz 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Returning customer, cannot register with email address

Hi Jazbansal, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

It's great to have you back with us and I hope you're enjoying the services. 

I do apologise for the time it's taken to reply, we have been a lot busier than normal. 

Have you heard back since your post regarding the IT ticket, is the email address now deleted so you can use it with your account?

Let us know and we can assist further if needed.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
jazbansal
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

Thank you for reaching out to me.  It has been a little overdue but happy non the less for you coming to me for some assistance.  

i have not heard anything at all and when i tried to call back customer services i was on the phone for another 1h20m without any resolution and more phone passing around.  

Emma, i would appreciate if you could pick this up for me and help progress with the issue, i have been unable to use any of the online services, which is a real shame.

jaz 

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply Jazbansal 

Again sorry for the delay between replies. 

I'll pop you a personal message now and we can see what's going on from there. 

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

the reason you can't use the same email address is for 2 reasons.

1) under the T&C your old email address should have been deleted 90 days after you left your last contract.
2) for security reasons you can't reuse an email address that has never been used before. This would be a massive security risk
0 Kudos
jazbansal
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank for coming back to me,  I have since persisted with this via the phone and have now managed to get this resolved. 

thank you 

0 Kudos