cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return or Recycle?

yoksnod
Tuning in

Hub 2.

New Hub 3 packaging states need to return Hub 2. But due to its age I'd doubt that.

Also, read on this forum back in Feb 22 there was already a thread where a Virgin team member stated the return of Hub 2 was not required. Hoped to get a straight "yes or no" directly from same source but apparently multiple threads on the same subject are the norm here. So, asking again if this is still the same. No need to request a returns pack since the Hub 2 is no longer listed on the items to return page online.

Please and thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yoksnod 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there is some hesitancy with the return of your Hub 2. I can confirm that you do not need to return a Hub 2, and these can be recycled by a local facility.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi yoksnod 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome back to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear there is some hesitancy with the return of your Hub 2. I can confirm that you do not need to return a Hub 2, and these can be recycled by a local facility.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Do you have a request from VM to return your specific Hub 2 (with a matched serial number, MAC address or similar on the paperwork for your particular device) or do you just have a generic instruction to return your previous VM kit?

Thanks for clarification.

No. Just a generic (apparently old) notice within the Hub3 packaging saying to return the Hub2 or else be charged for it. Anyway, I'm happy I've received clarity from Virgin. But thank you for your reply.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

In some past topics on here, occasionally the VM machine has churned out a returns request for a specific obsolete bit of equipment which was matched to the customer's account with a serial number etc. When this happened, this has set in motion non-return charges for the customer who had already disposed of the kit as per VM instructions.

Ah. Yes, I think I read something like that when initially doing a search for a similar issue.