Menu
nickl1234
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Reset Hub rejects default password

VM Hub 3.0 stopped working for no obvious reason. No connection via wifi or ethernet. Switching on and off failed to cure the problem (including complete disconnection of all cables for several mins) - still no internet either by WiFi or ethernet. Finally, after nearly 2 hours I have tried the reset (2 times) and now have it working - ethernet connection works and WiFi now works using the original default WiFi SSID and WiFi password

BUT the device will not recognise the factory default password so I am unable log into the router admin at http://192.168.0.1 - I get "incorrect password" response.

Awmillard
Joining in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Reset Hub rejects default password

Using the reset pin hole. Turning off for 10 minutes.  Using the 20 20 20 method. All failed to reset the password.  Any help would be welcomed 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
spgray
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

factory reset it correctly - you haven't done so.

press and hold the rest pin until the hub resets on its own (at least 60 seconds but often longer) - do not manually power off the hub.

-----------------------------------------------------------

My Broadband Ping - spgray

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

There are two passwords - one for wifi and one Admin one for the Hub settings - are you inputting the correct one ? Try both from the Hub sticker

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
nickl1234
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It is the default admin password, without which I can make no changes to, for example, the name of the wifi network.
The WiFi settings (SSID and password) are now the defaults so at least we do have WiFi, though not with the name and password I would have chosen.
The lack adequate means of communicationwith VM (the self referring circular "help" pages and interminable waits on the phone) has made this so difficult to resolve and made me determined to change providers.
0 Kudos
nickl1234
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have done all that.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like the hub has become faulty - I assume you have contacted customer services and requested a new hub? 

0 Kudos
nickl1234
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

NO, I have tried calling and become tired of waiting.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Try calling at 8am, that gives you the best chance of getting through. 

0 Kudos