Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Rescheduled engineer visit

Hi,

I'm clearly not the only person who's experienced this, but my engineer visit has been put back from 6th July until 27th July. This leaves me with no service for 21 days.

First and foremost, I want an earlier appointment, and some level of explanation as to what the issue is, as opposed to a text TELLING me it is on a certain date. I'm also unable to speak to anybody due to Covid, which doesn't help.

Secondly, if I do decide to stay with Virgin I would like to discuss the Automatic Compensation scheme as I would be entitled to £5/day for every day I am without a service.

As I need to know whether or not to cancel Virgin by tomorrow afternoon I require these answers fairly urgently.

Thanks, Ryan.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Rescheduled engineer visit

VM auto-cancels tech visits if there are known problems being fixed - so have you checked for “known network faults”?

As well as trying the “check service,” Area status webpage" (link at top right of this forum), there is also a Service Status number - 0800 561 0061 - which usually tells you of more local issues down to postcode level (that may not be listed on the Area Status web page which usually covers 1000’s of customers) - that may give you more info, but even that wont cover problems affecting just a few customers.

If nothing shows on there, try calling it in as a fault (on 150 VM line - or 0345 454 1111 others) and see what they say when they test your connection and if possible, get a fault reference number – the UK call center is still picking up.

For reference - details of compensation here...

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/automatic-compensation

https://store.virginmedia.com/the-legal-stuff/terms-and-conditions-for-fibre-optic-services/automati...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks bud, but I've now been on hold (passed to the fourth person) for 45 mins and there is no danger of anybody giving me any answers. The person I'm currently on with knows less than the first, and this is getting more and more frustrating.

Do VM staff monitor these forums? If so, can someone contact me directly please?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

VM staff do monitor the fora - but as this a Community Help forum (and not a Hotline in to VM 🙂 ) they usually let the community help first.

So it can be a few days before they get to each thread.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat. Phoning CS is a waste of time.

I'd be amazed if you get any compensation either. One of the conditions states compensation won't be paid 'If a technician can’t attend an appointment because they’re required to self-isolate and a replacement technician can’t be arranged at short notice'.

How would the customer prove otherwise? Surely Virgin are going to claim that this is the reason all the installation appointments keep getting rescheduled. What a waste of time!

Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hope yours gets sorted, mine is apparently the 21st now but let's see....

They told me on the phone it was a construction issue, so I'd hold them to that if they decided to change the reasoning and play silly buggers with the compensation. Its £80 which I need to reduce my Sky bill to £55!! 

0 Kudos