Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Require activation of broadband installation

Hi

I had an installation on Saturday and the engineer left saying he had contacted the activation team and that we should turn on the router at 8pm that night and check for connectivity. There wasn't so I contacted him again and he escalated to his manager, but I have now had no communication about what the status of this is.

I have tried the website, which directs me to your phoneline, which directs me back to the website. I have sent a message to the text assistance service and have been waiting but have no reply. There is no option to choose 'awaiting activation', just a problem with the connection which I fear has put me to the bottom of a queue somewhere.

This is drastically impacting my ability to work from home during the current lockdown, which is not acceptable. I am working off a tethered mobile connection which is not suitable for my work.

Can someone please look into the status of my order and prioritise an activation?

Many thanks

Jack Dougan

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Require activation of broadband installation

Hi,

If you send a text message to this number 07533051809 with all your details inc acc number address fault etc someone will be in touch to hit the equipment for you and get it activated.

Cheers

Paul

Field Technician 71589

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Paul

Thanks for the quick response Paul. I have text the number as suggested.

Do you have any idea on how long it might take to get a reply/activation?

Jack

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

If anyone comes across this topic, the phone number posted above got me a questionnaire which eventually got me directed to the webchat team over SMS. I was then able to go through the steps to get activated, so the issue was resolved successfully (within 24 hours) and was much more useful than the website or main telephone line/text number.

Thanks

0 Kudos