cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Require Dongle - Delayed installation

Tommy528
Joining in

I have been having a nightmarish time trying to get Virgin Media installed in my new house after moving. Notified Virgin Media about moving around 2 weeks before the date, promised a date, received a messaged 2 days before saying there are construction issues and can't turn up. I have already been without internet for nearly a week now.

I requested dongle a week before the move as 2 people from my home work from home. The moving team transferred me to the main switchboard then from there my call reached sales team somehow who tried to sell it to me for £40.

I'm again on phone today trying to request the dongle. The operator talks about automatic compensation scheme, but for dongle, they said there is a request on the system but can't tell when we might receive.

This is really frustrating. If Virgin Media can't provide a dongle, I might have to think about leaving as I need internet to work.

2 REPLIES 2

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you say “dongle” what piece of equipment are you referring to? VM do not supply and piece of equipment that they refer to as a “dongle”. If you talk to the phone agents they will not have a clue what you are talking about.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

If you are waiting for broadband a temporary solution is a MiFi router and a 4G data-only SIM card which creates a WiFi hotspot for your mobile devices. What VM is selling is a such a router, a Huawei E5576-320. It looks OK but as it outputs only 2.4GHz you can find better ones on the market.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection