Menu
LouisaH
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Request an Engineer

I have setup my new broadband hub myself using one of the ports in my flat, however the only location with the right ports is far away from my office and I'm struggling to get wifi in the office.

Please could I book an engineer to install the correct port in a more central location in my flat? The cables are there but there is a BT port which has the wrong connections for Virgin cables.

Thanks,

Louisa

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Request an Engineer

They will do that for a £99 no-fault call out charge. You may be better spending that money on some good quality wireless equipment that you will then own.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

not sure John is correct - if its a quick install you can argue its not as you want it - not correct or not working - wait for VM to get to the thread and they will have a look or call it in and just say its faulty and they should book a tech

Tony
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Tony may well be correct - report back and let us know if they do a free move for you.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos