cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repulling appointment

Ssharonhannah
Joining in

Hi, I've signed up to join Virgin Media on 30th December. Had an external engineer scheduled for yesterday and was told I needed to be at the property for this. Sat in so day and no one turned up. Just phoned to be told that it has been rescheduled for today and in fact I don't need to be in. This is had customer service before I even start paying anything. Has anyone else had similar problems?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ssharonhannah wrote:

Hi, I've signed up to join Virgin Media on 30th December. Had an external engineer scheduled for yesterday and was told I needed to be at the property for this. Sat in so day and no one turned up. Just phoned to be told that it has been rescheduled for today and in fact I don't need to be in. This is had customer service before I even start paying anything. Has anyone else had similar problems?

VM regularly sub-contracts the cabling work to bring the cable from the street cabinet to your home. There are many topics on this forum from waiting prospective customers where getting this (seemingly simple) task has become a very protracted business. This is due to a total lack of management and communication between VM and the sub-contractors for some unlucky people who are waiting.

You can choose not to be at home for the external work if you want but you may wish to be in so far as the quality of the workmanship of the cable installation teams can often be poor as reported in the topics on here. They can also choose cable routes which are the most simple and easiest to achieve for them but may be totally impractical from the customer's POV. You may wish to try and supervise what the external team does so that it is acceptable to you.

They may turn up today or this may just be the VM order management system automatically incrementing the installation by another day.

A compensation scheme exists for delayed installations

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and from OFCOM (but rates in the doc are out of date).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

Have a read of some of the other similar topics on here to get an idea of VM's patterns of behaviour in these cases. Keep good notes and records of all comm's and interactions with VM as well as missed appointments, failed promises etc. That will help you to claim the correct amount of any compensation due.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Ssharonhannah wrote:

VM regularly sub-contracts the cabling work to bring the cable from the street cabinet to your home. There are many topics on this forum from waiting prospective customers where getting this (seemingly simple) task has become a very protracted business. This is due to a total lack of management and communication between VM and the sub-contractors for some unlucky people who are waiting.

You can choose not to be at home for the external work if you want but you may wish to be in so far as the quality of the workmanship of the cable installation teams can often be poor as reported in the topics on here. They can also choose cable routes which are the most simple and easiest to achieve for them but may be totally impractical from the customer's POV. You may wish to try and supervise what the external team does so that it is acceptable to you.

They may turn up today or this may just be the VM order management system automatically incrementing the installation by another day.

A compensation scheme exists for delayed installations

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

and from OFCOM (but rates in the doc are out of date).

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0026/216962/Industry-Code-of-Practice-for-Automatic-...

Have a read of some of the other similar topics on here to get an idea of VM's patterns of behaviour in these cases. Keep good notes and records of all comm's and interactions with VM as well as missed appointments, failed promises etc. That will help you to claim the correct amount of any compensation due.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

perfectly normal and if they dont come today it will be tomorrow [guaranteed] as thats all the world class offshore agents know - the computer says so it must be true

that will carry on every day until the 30th - hopefully they get there before then as the 30th is the key date - if they dont do the pull or find problems then the install will be delayed - days - weeks - months - longest is about a year

if you were told you needed to be in and have that in writing [that would be good] then you are due £25 compensation - raise a complaint which will be fobbed off but thats the start to getting them to pay 

Tony.
Sacked VIP

mleipper
Tuning in

Have they paid you a visit yet as yours was promised at a similar date to mine and I've still not had a visit. 

Hi, yes they came the day before my install was booked.  Not sure if this was because I phoned them on a daily basis.

We're glad to hear you have had the work completed. 

^Martin