cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repull not attended shocking service

Shignay
Tuning in

I was due to have a cable repull yesterday after waiting from the 22nd for this to happen. I rung up 5 times yesterday to be told that it hasn’t been updated yet and to call back later. 
When I first booked for the installation I told them that the cables had been cut so this should of been picked up then and booked in. 
they offered a phone dongle for me and put the money onto my account but then expected me to pay £40 to be able to get it. I can barely afford to pay all of my bills as I am on maternity leave and stated I couldn’t pay for this on top also. 

I have then called up this morning to be told it has been rebooked for the 18th without my knowledge. 
I have not had any internet since the 28th. Which I was told by numerous different people that they will put a request for it to be done the 25/26/27th, surprise surprise it wasn’t done. 
I have a 5 month old which I cannot play anything for as I have no internet and signal is really bad in my house. 
my husband has had to take time off work as I cannot deal with all of this stress while looking after my son, this has caused arguments in the house!

I am on the ledge on cancellation now as I am fed up with the calls I have been making and no headway done, to put into perspective I have called twice today already, 4 different departments put through to and now waiting for a manager to call me back though from what I’ve seen this won’t happen. From the 22nd I have called up 24 times and nobody has called me back at all in that time when they have said they would. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are wasting your time phoning. The people on the phone are entirely disconnected from the ones doing the cable pull. Neither you nor they can influence the timing of the work, and it is quite likely to be further delayed. 

Follow John's sound advice, which is based on the experience of many previous would-be customers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
This probably isnt what you want to hear, but its current reality

The current VM installation process is badly managed when things arent straightforward. So dont bother chasing it. Let them play their games and let the installation play out. Do nothing. You pay nothing (£0) until a VM connection is installed and activated. And even from then (if it gets that far) you have 14 days in which to cancel - again with no costs. Or keep it if you like it in those 14 days

In the meantime - connect with another provider. Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational. When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You are wasting your time phoning. The people on the phone are entirely disconnected from the ones doing the cable pull. Neither you nor they can influence the timing of the work, and it is quite likely to be further delayed. 

Follow John's sound advice, which is based on the experience of many previous would-be customers. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Shignay

Welcome to our Community Help Forum.

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the stress the installation of your services has caused for you and your family. It is not ideal at all that your installation has been delayed. If your install has been delayed, you may be eligible for our Automatic Compensation Scheme. You can find more information here: https://virg.in/autocomp. Have our team explained why the installation was delayed?

Usually installation delays will be down to further work being needed in order to connect the property to our network. We need permission from the local council and on occasions permits depending on the work required which all take time. I'm sure the teams are already working as quickly as they can to get your services installed.

Apologies again for the delay with your installation.

Kind regards,

Serena

Hi Serena,

I’ve had no explanation as to why it was delayed, they have just rescheduled the date and didn’t tell us at all. 

i understand you may need permits but dover council is very quick with this our water meter (right next to the virgin cable) needed to be changed and they got the permit for the next week. 

we had a installer come out again yesterday who took photos and got his manager to send an email but again we have not heard anything as to when this will be. 

Hi Shignay,

Thanks for coming back to us with the update of what has happened so far. We do apologise that you have not been informed of what is causing the delay.

Have you had any further contact since the technicians arrived on Tuesday?

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi,

Nope still no contact, I’m not wasting any more of my time calling and chasing for this.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Shignay, 

I am sorry for the delay in this and I know you must be frustrated with this. I can see you have spoken to our team since your post, have they been able to shed dome light on this for you?

Zoie

Hi Zoey,

The only contact I’ve had is to book in the installation though I doubt the repull will be completed in time. 

Hi Shignay,

I can see from our side there has been an updates since you last spoke with us.

Let me know if you need me to go through this with you and I can pop you over a private message.

Alex_Rm