Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Replacing a broken cable

Who do I talk to in order to get my problem fixed?  The properties in my cul-de-sac had Virgin installed 20 years ago along a private drive, at personal expense.  I have since bought the property, which I am renovating.  I have found that at some point in the past, the Virgin cable to my property was cut and just left in the ground.  It also seems that the original install was done poorly and the cables were laid directly in the ground without ducting.

We have dug up the cable along the private drive, and placed suitable ducting in the trench.  I literally need Virgin to lay a cable from the road to the house (maybe about 6m distance), no digging required.  I have been speaking directly to the local chief engineer who said that this was not a problem, but he has gone on holiday and in the meantime Virgin Call Centre have decided to cancel my account and tell me they can't provide service.  There was service there previously, I literally have the cable that was there originally in my possession, and I have done all the digging so very little effort is required to replace the broken cable.  Virgin are the only suppliers in my area so I literally cannot have cable internet except through Virgin, and I work from home.

I have called the call centre repeatedly but pre-install tier 1 refuse to help me saying the account is cancelled and they can't do anything.  I asked to speak to a supervisor, but whilst I was waiting the line was hung up, and I have not been able to speak to anyone since without the line hanging up before I can speak to anyone at pre-install.

Who do I speak to in order to get the account reopened and the line reassessed?  Everything I have seen myself, and everything I have heard from the engineer who has been to the site personally, suggests that the account was closed in error and the job is perfectly doable.

I'm desperate now as the entire house is worthless to me without decent internet.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacing a broken cable

Hi there,

Happy to take a look into this for you.

Thanks for your post on the VM community.

I'll pop you a private message so I can take some more personal information

Christy D

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos