Menu
dannyb86
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replacing Broadband Wall Socket

Good afternoon,

I have been with Virgin for little over a year now and had chosen to to do self install when I first signed up.

My old Telewest Wall socket has been hanging off the wall since we moved in (a little over a year ago), however due to various factors at the time I did not have the time to have an engineer attend for install and to fix the socket.

Is it possible to have a replacement socket supplied by Virgin to replace myself? There is no amendment to cabling, only to replace the box. I want to avoid any costs of having to call out an engineer, primarily because the damage has always been present and would have been fixed during original install at no cost as well as ideally not having someone in the house during this pandemic.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing Broadband Wall Socket

I think your best bet is to track down an engineer in the street and ask them if they have any spares, its the simplest way to get something like this done. I doubt the customer service staff will have them as stock items. 

JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Virgin shouldn't charge for ware and tear as its part of the contract, hang around here and they should be along shortly to book a technician call to make all right and new without charge.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
dannyb86
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info.

Hopefully someone appears before long...dont think i can manage another hour on hold before speaking to someone!

cheers

sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The socket design has changed over years and many options now available. If you have a working service Virgin won't consider that as priority over a customer without service.

I am in agreement with Z92 to replace the socket yourself. If you can't find a Virgin van you can also purchase a box online.
You are not changing any cables therefore not against T&C.

When the engineer came round my house to instal socket I already had a hole pre-drilled from old TV arial. I asked the engineer to fit a euro style isolator on the cable and leave the rest for me to tidy. 

Only the wall isolator was supplied by Virgin..the box is from Toolstation 🙂

Socket.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nicely done.

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Only 6inch gap between window shelf and skirting board so had to improvise 🙂

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

That's the correct way its done in apartments now and new builds I believe

0 Kudos