Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Replacement TV box not working

Hi,

Haven't been able to get through to virgin via the phone, on hold each time for 30 mins+ (since last Saturday).

I've received a new tivo box and was told to just unplug connections from the old box then connect them to the new one, switch on then should all start up. Only the box was sent, no new connections or remotes.

I get a 'starting up' message then the screen goes to a red 'Clean and screen V7.1' page with serial numbers etc listed. 

I've tried everything, the service test says my tv service is offline, can anyone help?

Wifi is working through out the house.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement TV box not working

Hello

As long as the coaxial connection is in the  box all you need to do is activate the box by calling 0800 953 9500, all devices sent out are not activated until the number is called.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for taking the time to reply Mike.

I called the number to activate when the new box was delivered. No connections or cables with the delivery, literally just the tivo box. I'll need to get a coaxial connection for the box to work then? I was told to just swap current connections.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Is your 'new box' a V6 or Tivo ?

The V6 needs an screw fit adaptor lead from the original co-ax to push fit at the V6 end.

The Tivo can use the original co-ax.

tivo-v6

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

It's a tivo, box.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

A replacement Tivo should just connect to the same co-ax as the old Tivo.

The new Tivo needs to be activated, once that is done it will go through the automatic set up procedure that can take 20 minutes or so.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike,

Think my box may be faulty in that case, it was activated last week. I was told the screen would soon change to complete the set up. 
Thanks again for your time.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

You are probably right but I would call the activation number again just in case something went wrong.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will keep trying, it’s just impossible to get though. I give up after 40mins on hold. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Does your old Tivo still work ?

To activate the new one they have to de-activate the old one.

Mike Robinson

0 Kudos