Menu
DrBob74
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Replacement CoAx splitter/Ethernet jumper cable

My daughters rabbit has chewed through the Ethernet jumper/coax splitter cable that goes between the router and the Virgin box. Is it possible to buy this as a replacement? I’ve found coax splitters that are advertised as working with Virgin and I guess the Ethernet bit is just a run of CAT6 ? But the reviews of the splitter boxes seem to suggest they’re not very good quality 

0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacement CoAx splitter/Ethernet jumper cable

Please contact virgin media you cannot replace any Coaxial cable and if you do you will be in breach of contract in regards to Ethernet cables you can use Cat 6, 7, 8 Just remember its best to get a cable of a higher cat rating as it means that you will not need to replace cables for a while as they support quicker data transmission and generally cause less interference issues.
Could you please explain what you mean by coax splitter as you should have a screw end on the cables going into a powered signal amplifier on your coaxial entrance after the isolator
0 Kudos
DrBob74
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I would get in contact with Virgin Media but having just tried it the process was sufficiently painful and fruitless that I gave up to clarify what I’m on about It’s a cable that came with the self startup kit at its centre point it has a white plastic box with a female coax socket on it labelled “Wall”and two hard wired coax leads with male coax plugs on them labelled “Broadband” in blue and “TV” in red respectively, and as I say there is a CAT6A cable that is taped to the two coax leads so that one end plugs into the Broadband router and the other the Virgin Box. There is also a short male to male coaxial lead that plugs into the “Wall” connector on the cable at one end and the feed coming in from the street at the other 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Try phoning at 08:00 tomorrow.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
RR-IT-GUY
Superfast
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

As this is a quick start kit i am unable to comment on how they work as I don't use them but all i can do is suggest to call them as soon as they open.
DrBob74
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I think you’re right, I’m just going to have to suck it up, make some coffee and get into the hold music !

Incidentally, I got the quick start kit because when we moved in here and signed up for Virgin they said “We’ve already got Virgin run into this property would you like a quick start kit ?” To which Zu said yes but now I’m worried because I don’t think I’ve got a powered signal amplifier that I think you referenced previously, is that a massive issue ?

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

ring it in - keep it simple - no rabbit story needed you will only confuse them - simply say you have no BB - they should book a tech who will sort it - should all be foc - dont accept any charges

you can wait here for VM - they certainly will book a tech

Tony
0 Kudos