Menu
Dannyjohnstott
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replaced old router with new superhub 3 and now no Internet connection

I yesterday connected my new superhub 3 router that virgin sent me to keep me with them and stop me from moving to sky due to issues with Internet connection and buffering round the house. 

So I connect the new router and now I have no Internet connection at all.

Called technical support and they "activated" the new router and that still didn't solve the issue. I cant now just plug in the old router as they have activated the new one so I am left with no Internet for work untill Saturday (the earliest an engineer can come out)

Has anyone had this issue and is there anything else I can try to get this thing working faster than Saturday when an engineer comes. 

I have 

Reset the router by holding down the reset button

Tried four different devices

The router is just showing a solid white light at the bottom and no other lights. 

PLEASE SOMEBODY HELP

there must be a simple answer how can I have working Internet and then it completely stops working just from switching over a router???

Any help would be appreciated. 

Danny

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replaced old router with new superhub 3 and now no Internet connection

Either they have not activated the new Hub, despite what they told you, or the Hub is faulty.

Have you tried connecting your old Hub to see if it is actually decommissioned?   

Also try a full factory reset on the new Hub, i.e. pinhole reset for 60 seconds and do NOT reboot the Hub, just let it do it's thing.

0 Kudos
Dannyjohnstott
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks a lot for your response. 

I have tried the old router to check that it doesn't still work and yes no joy there.

I have done the reset but only held it down for 30 seconds as told by the tech guy on the phone so will try 60 seconds and leave it for an hour or so and see what happens. 

Thanks again

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have you tried to call the equipment activation number on - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, see what they say.

Is this your first VM connection ? They never test the connection before sending out a quickstart pack - so it is also possible (though rare) that a fault has developed on the connection somewhere that is preventing an activated Hub connecting.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Dannyjohnstott
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

Thanks for your reply. 

Yes i have given them the bar code number over the phone and they have activated the router. 

I have been with virgin 5 years this was literally just a change to a newer router and now the Internet connection has gone.

They suggested changing the router I wish i hadn't bothered as now I'm stuck for work till Saturday at least. 

Nightmare 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

see if they will activate the old hub - assuming they will then that should get you back up and running until the tech comes

Tony
0 Kudos
Dannyjohnstott
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Yeh I suggested this but it's not possible apparently I was absolutely fuming have calmed down a bit now but still so frustrating. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Dannyjohnstott wrote:

Hi

Yeh I suggested this but it's not possible apparently I was absolutely fuming have calmed down a bit now but still so frustrating. 

rubbish - not from you but from whoever told you that - they object but you need to insist and insist again when they give you the reasons they wont do it

so polite but firm and if they wont do it hang up and attack it again

Tony
0 Kudos