Menu
neilfarmac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Replace cable from street to house

Is it possible for someone to replace the cable from the street to my house as I am certain that this is causing a fault with my connection? Due to the pandemic we cannot have an engineer inside the house so I have tested all the cables and connections inside and these are fine but there are still errors on downstream channels.

I know there is a charge if I wanted it re routing for example but I do believe it is faulty.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace cable from street to house

they will not replace the cable unless its proven to be a fault. they will want to try other things first.

Cable repulls are alot of work for no reason
0 Kudos
neilfarmac
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I realise this but they can’t come into the house. What if I pay?
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

you won't be able to pay It can cost in the £1000's

why can't they come into the house?
0 Kudos
neilfarmac
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Self isolating for foreseeable future
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

so why do you think the cable to the street is at fault. what problems are you having.

You will need to allow VM to fix any problem. Not sure how self isolating will impact that. if they can't be given a chance to fix a problem then you can't break the contract for no service
0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@neilfarmac if you believe you have a faulty connection you need to report it to Virgin Media so they can check the connection and instigate any remedial action necessary. 

Currently this community forum is not the best place to report such concerns.

Either use the call centre or the text service.

The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).

If you have a mobile phone with internet access via WiFi or mobile data you could try the text message service.
https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Digital-life/When-and-how-to-use-our-messaging-service/ba-p/425...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The cable from the street is most unlikely to be at fault unless it has been damaged by e.g. someone putting a spade through it.  The fault is far more likely to be at your end or in the street cabinet. 

Virgin will not replace the cable until they have established for themselves that it is at fault.

What problems are you having and what tests have you done?

0 Kudos