Menu
Landcrofter
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Replace TV and broadband socket

I have a Virgin V6 box, installed in March 2020.  We're currently doing a refurb and the socket is looking worse for wear. My secondary socket upstairs has gone missing altogether.  Is it possible/ advisable to purchase a normal F-connection satellite socket to replace my Virgin ones like the ones pictured?

For my main downstairs connection, I also have my ordinary TV aerial close by. Are there any specific issues using a combined TV/satellite socket (second picture) so long as it's isolated?

Thanks in advance for your help!

knightsbridge-SF0150MW-screwless-matt-white-1-gang-non-isolated-satellite-outlet-1-mini.jpgknightsbridge-SF0140MW-screwless-matt-white-isolated-sat-tv-outlet-1-mini.jpg

0 Kudos
Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replace TV and broadband socket

Sorry no, it’s against the T&C in the contract you signed. 

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111 or if you have a VM landline 150, it will cost £25 for a non fault call out.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Landcrofter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to give us a call following Tudor's advice. 

If you do need anything else please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
Landcrofter
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Yes, thanks Tudor and Alex.

For the benefit of others reading, after talking to the technical team, my plan is to give these a go (which are obviously not Virgin products and not the responsibility of Virgin) and if we run into any issues with the functioning of these, I will pay a £25 non fault callout for an engineer to see what can be done to fix the issue and accommodate what I’m trying to achieve aesthetically. I am told they may have alternative sockets and may even be able to help install these products for me - but it’s down to the individual engineer.

The technical team were helpful but acknowledge they don’t have the specific knowledge of the engineers so weren’t able to give me any advice either way. They didn’t have any objection to me giving this a go though so I don’t believe there are any T&Cs specifically preventing me from trying to use these. 

0 Kudos
Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Landcrofter wrote:

Yes, thanks Tudor and Alex.

For the benefit of others reading, after talking to the technical team, my plan is to give these a go <snip>

These are the type of connectors being used in new builds, which may help in choosing your outlets.

Euro_Module.JPG

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Landcrofter
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, Adduxi!  Comforting to know there are flush fitting face plates available if mine don’t work for any reason. Not as neat as mine of course 😏 but certainly a viable backup. 

0 Kudos