cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repeatedly Delayed Activation (KMM106743415V89446L0KM)

baf12345
Joining in

I'm really not sure why I think this would help but I'm really totally despairing at this point. I moved a few doors down to a new flat in March and signed up with Virgin Media as we used them in my old flat without any issue. However, it has now been over 6 weeks and multiple rescheduled appointments, and still no internet. 

I've spoken to various teams on various occasions and am constantly told conflicting information, that work is currently ongoing to clear the blockage in my area, or that work has not yet started, that they've spoken to the third party company and I'm top of the list, but there's too many people in front of me and they've rescheduled, or that they haven't emailed the third party contractor because they won't change their schedule. They send me text messages asking me to reply to chat, then never reply, or promise callbacks then nothing. They don't explain what the blockage is, why it's taking so long, and they have no way  I've now been pushed back for the 5th time to 20th May, which they waited until after hours on a Saturday to tell me so I haven't been able to speak to anyone to get any more information, not that anyone would.

I work from home and though they've sent me a dongle, it makes my system crash and is having a huge impact on my ability to do my job. The stress is really getting to me. I don't know what to do.

24 REPLIES 24

It is unlikely Samuel will be reading this thread and VM have a patchy record honouring callback promises. Maybe call VM directly on 0345 454 1111. However their record keeping appears to be very poor so you may not have much luck. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

It is equally unlikely that ‘Samuel’ even exists, no?

Hi ruthskii,

I completely understand your frustration with the multiple delays, we are so sorry.

I can see that your complaint is being handled by an agent named Yaseen. I have asked her if she can update you on the progress of the issue ASAP.

Thank you

Beth

baf12345
Joining in

Latest update: Still no working internet, and now can't log into my Virgin Media. Downloaded the app and it says my installation is now 5th August.

And today, I lost my job, as a direct result of my lack of reliable internet access. Thanks, Virgin Media. Now I can't afford to pay if you ever do connect me.

Hi baf12345,

Thank you for reaching out to us and welcome, back, really sorry to hear your Install still hasn't gone ahead and that this has now been put back until August and that as a result of having no Internet connection have now lost your job.

Have you had any further updates off the back of us reaching out to the area field Managers?

Regards

Paul.