I moved house in September and arranged for my broadband to be moved to the new property with the install date of 25/09. There is no existing connection to my new house so some work outside needed to be done to bring a line to the house.
This install was rescheduled with 24 hours notice to the 21/10 as they couldn't do the outside work. I got a text a week later offering a new date, after discussion where i made it clear that outside work was also needed i got a new date of today 10/10. This was cancelled last night as the outside work was still not done. I have automatically be given a new date of the 26/10.
This is unacceptable to me that my install has been delayed by a month and rescheduled twice. The only way i can communicate with Virgin seems to be via text message on my phone and i'm not going through that yet again. I have no hope that when the 26/10 install date comes around that it will actually happen and i expect it to be delayed again.
Like many i am working from home at the moment and not having proper internet for a month is very difficult. I have had to upgrade my phone contract just so i have enough data to hotspot for work.
Can someone please look into this and get a confirmed external works appointment made and completed and bring my install date closer. There has also been no apology or offer of something to make this right.
From my experience of VM so far as a new customer don't get your hopes up - I've been waiting for an external works team for almost 2 weeks now that are always "100% arriving that day" when I contact VM.
May need to upgrade my phone contract just like yourself otherwise I'm going to be left stuck unable to work.
I have managed to speak to someone, by text of course!
Delay was due to a blockage and needing the councils permission to do the work. It's surprising as my neighbour has Virgin internet and their connection is 1 metre away from the marking on the pavement.
I've been told the installation of the 26th is "guaranteed" as they now have council permission, but i don't believe this. I will have to cancel if it gets delayed again.
Communication from Virgin has been terrible on this. Cancellations happening the evening before installations, reasons never given. Still nothing about a good will gesture for the delays.
Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear your install has been put back because of a blocked duct and contraction work needed.
In regards to your neighbors connection being close to yours this is still a separate duct so they aren't connected, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any reason why this will not go ahead this timme.
Was there any response . Was the installation delayed again . This is because I am having the same problem . Our installation has also been delayed twice totalling for a month duration . Our next Installation is on the 26th may . And I am very concerned if it will be delayed again.
The only reason I was given was council planning permission . However I started on the 6th of April and now it has been a month with no Installation . I talked to someone through online text and they have guaranteed that construction will take place on the 17th may and installation on the 24th . So for now I am just trusting his word . But if it is delayed again and enters the month of June I will choose to cancel this as this is very annoying paying for talktalk when out of the contact hoping virgin media will save our lives . So for now it is just a waiting game . Is it possible to find out more information about this to see where this whole process is at . At what stage am I in for this to be completed . I have given myself until the end of the month for this to be completed if not I will have no choice but to cancel.