Menu
mattox
Joining in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Repeated installation delays

I moved house in September and arranged for my broadband to be moved to the new property with the install date of 25/09. There is no existing connection to my new house so some work outside needed to be done to bring a line to the house.

This install was rescheduled with 24 hours notice to the 21/10 as they couldn't do the outside work. I got a text a week later offering a new date, after discussion where i made it clear that outside work was also needed i got a new date of today 10/10. This was cancelled last night as the outside work was still not done. I have automatically be given a new date of the 26/10.

This is unacceptable to me that my install has been delayed by a month and rescheduled twice. The only way i can communicate with Virgin seems to be via text message on my phone and i'm not going through that yet again. I have no hope that when the 26/10 install date comes around that it will actually happen and i expect it to be delayed again.

Like many i am working from home at the moment and not having proper internet for a month is very difficult. I have had to upgrade my phone contract just so i have enough data to hotspot for work.

Can someone please look into this and get a confirmed external works appointment made and completed and bring my install date closer. There has also been no apology or offer of something to make this right.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Repeated installation delays

Virgin should certainly be keeping you up to date, but in a case like this they will be waiting themselves on a third party. Often the reason is permission to dig up Council property. 

Virgin Media is only a domestic service with no guarantee of continuous connection, so if you are intending to rely on it for business you should keep that phone contract as a backup. 

0 Kudos
Cbell23
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

From my experience of VM so far as a new customer don't get your hopes up - I've been waiting for an external works team for almost 2 weeks now that are always "100% arriving that day" when I contact VM.

May need to upgrade my phone contract just like yourself otherwise I'm going to be left stuck unable to work.
0 Kudos
mattox
Joining in
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I have managed to speak to someone, by text of course!

Delay was due to a blockage and needing the councils permission to do the work. It's surprising as my neighbour has Virgin internet and their connection is 1 metre away from the marking on the pavement.

I've been told the installation of the 26th is "guaranteed" as they now have council permission, but i don't believe this. I will have to cancel if it gets delayed again.

Communication from Virgin has been terrible on this. Cancellations happening the evening before installations, reasons never given. Still nothing about a good will gesture for the delays.

Oh well.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mattox, 

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear your install has been put back because of a blocked duct and contraction work needed.

In regards to your neighbors connection being close to yours this is still a separate duct so they aren't connected, I have had a look at things our end and cannot see any reason why this will not go ahead this timme.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
Aswin20
Joining in
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Was there any response . Was the installation delayed again . This is because I am having the same problem . Our installation has also been delayed twice totalling for a month duration . Our next Installation is on the 26th may . And I am very concerned if it will be delayed again.

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Good morning @Aswin20 

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had some issues with getting your services installed. 

Have we been able to provide you with a reason that we haven't been able to get you installed as of yet? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos
Aswin20
Joining in
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

The only reason I was given was council planning permission . However I started on the 6th of April and now it has been a month with no Installation . I talked to someone through online text and they have guaranteed that construction will take place on the 17th may and installation on the 24th . So for now I am just trusting his word . But if it is delayed again and enters the month of June I will choose to cancel this as this is very annoying  paying for talktalk when out of the  contact hoping virgin media will save our lives . So for now it is just a waiting game .  Is it possible to find out more information about this to see where this whole process is at . At what stage am I in for this to be completed . I have given myself until the end of the month for this to be completed if not I will have no choice but to cancel.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This is probably not what you want to hear, but council planning permission typically means a delay of 6 - 8 weeks.

You can check the one network for planning permissions in your area: one.network 

0 Kudos
Zak_M
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for coming back to me. 

As explained by @Z92, It can take up to 8 weeks to get permeation from the council. 

I will only be able to provide the same information to you that we have already provided you. 

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

0 Kudos