cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renewed Contract on Gig1 - How do I get a Hub 5

mickyf
Tuning in

Renewed my contract last week for another 18 months, Gig1. 

How on earth do I get a Hub 5 so I can utilise the full speed and Wifi 6, which most of my devices are?

I seem to hit a brick wall when I request one.

Can I cancel my contract renewal?

Why do new Gig1 customers get the Hub 5 and existing customers struggle?

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Recent posts from VM forum staff on here has made clear that due to Hub supply issues Hub5's are only being issued to new 1GB customers or those upgrading from the 600 package.

So 1GB customers with a working Hub4 are out of luck for the time being.

How did you actually "renew the contract" - did you negotiate a new price deal or - did nothing and just let it "roll on"? You may be able to cancel it - go back to 600 - thn ask for an upgrade to 1GB. But that sounds like a potential omnishambles to me.

Why not bite the bullet and buy your own wifi6 router. Good introductory models can be had for £50-70 - a bit more if you want it with a 2.5GB port

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey mickyf, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are struggling to get a Hub5.

We are currently only sending Hub5 out to new customers or any customers who upgrade to 1GB.

Both the Hub 4 and Hub 5 are fully capable of the provisioned wired speed for Gig1 between them.

You also have a 14 day cooling period to cancel any upgrades if you wish.

I would also make sure you have your marketing preferences turned on so when Hub 5 is available more generally, you will be notified  Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?