cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing second cable which is run from an external splitter - please help.

Sunny25
Joining in

Hello,

Our virgin media box (ie the grey box on the outside wall which is not even an official virgin box) has a thick cable which has a splitter with 2  cables - each enter the house by different holes??? One seems connected to a NTL internal box in the office and the other one to another NTL internal box in the living room.  We do not use the one in the office so we would like to disconnect it. How do we go about doing this?  Plus we would like a new external box, as our current one is very old and unsecured and unsightly and NOT VIRGIN which we would have expected our engineer to install. Looks like our installer did as little as possible which is very disappointing :(..Where can we get a new external box from?

The box also has a thinner cable from which coloured wires are connected - see attached. I am guessing this is the  the phone cable. If so, can it be disconnected too? I am asking as the engineer that installed virgin told us that phone lines are now coming via the broadband cable.

We just want to get rid of all the obsolete cables running at the front of our house.

Many thanks,

20230807_154657.jpg20230807_154701.jpg20230807_154703.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTL rebranded as Virgin Media when they bought Virgin Mobile. It’s still the same company, just a different name.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sunny25 thanks for your post here in the Community although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you and sending a technician to have a look at this for you.

Please expect the PM to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

NTL rebranded as Virgin Media when they bought Virgin Mobile. It’s still the same company, just a different name.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks