Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Removing outside cabling

Good afternoon, 

Can you remove your Virgin Media wires & pipes from my garden please?
3 years ago, you were supposed to install them, but after considering you had to drill a hole into the wall of my house, I was deterred to use your device.
However, your engineers had placed some pipes and wires in my garden at that time, they are still present now, which is really causing problem for stone walls building around my garden.

So please have your device taken back at the earliest opportunity.

Thanks for your help,
Wendy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing outside cabling

I think virginmedia would only remove the cabling, if a health and safety issue, the forum staff should reply in a day or so to confirm/deny this

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If they are just lying on the floor as I would expect since you say "garden", then I would just throw them in the bin. They don't seem to want them if they have been there for several years. 

Highlighted
Community elder
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If you are not a virgin customer then I don't think they will want to be involved in this.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All  answers are helpful.

But I wonder when Virgin Media will send over their engineers to remove the cables in my garden at the earliest opportunity, because it's in secure and safe in terms of any health & safety issue in and around my house.

Many thanks,

Wendy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Is the cable just lying on the ground or is it coming out of the ground and then coiled up on your driveway? 

If the later, is the cable terminated or is it bare ended ? If it's terminated, you really shouldn't be messing with it, but if it's just bare ended, then I don't see any problem just cutting it and throwing it away considering the amount of time it's been there. 

0 Kudos